Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

This blog thing

Ok, so I obviously haven't been on here in quite a bit. Five months actually. I am terrible person. I know.  I thought this blog thing would work out, but there really hasn't been any time. I guess pictures and Twitter will help me remember this amazing year instead. So, this weekend I went to prom. I can't believe it actually happened. I remember watching American movies when I was younger and thinking: "I wish I could go to one of those." One thing that has become clear to me lately is that my dream - or obsession rather - with the US wasn't just something temporary. I do, and always will love America, despite its flaws and quirkiness. I don't think that a feeling such as love is only to be held for things or people that are perfect. That is how I justify it. Either way, I do know that I want to spend my life here, as hard as that is to admit. I also know from experience that when I have my eyes set on something, I usually get what I want. If that dream is a life in the US of A, or citizenship even, I believe that it will come true. Not because I dream, but because I will make it. Doubt has no place in a heart full of dreams. That's why I have chosen not to look at this dream of mine with uncertainty, but with joy.

Now I got completely off topic, which is ok, I suppose. It is my blog after all. I definitely do not have enough time or energy to write about all the significant events that took place during the past couple of months, but I will make sure to relive them once I am back. However, I want to mention a few things that I have done, thought of, or simply felt. It's time for a little list.


  • I have gone to prom (starting out easy)
  • I have become so much more outgoing, it's crazy
  • I have had a BIG FAT CRUSH and I won't tell you on who
  • I have found myself alone at a football game (freaked out but saw it as a social challenge sort of)
  • I have been mistaken for an American multiple times (dream come true)
  • I have felt miserable, lonely, and betrayed (it happens)
  • I have started cussing like a bad bitch hahah
  • I have been the weirdest possible version of myself and found that to be ok
  • I have replaced my Tumblr addiction for a Twitter one
  • I have gotten a second family, which I love with all my heart
  • I have been to "the hood"(lol feel free to laugh)
  • I HAVE BEEN TO JAPAN
  • I have learned about football and baseball (both of which kick soccer's ass any day)
  • I have watched westerns
  • I have had detention
  • I have learned to like who I am and to understand what that means
Most of all, I wanted to say that I have a lot of amazing people in my life. I truly do love each and every one of them. My problem is that they live on different continents. I will probably always struggle with that problem, but in the end, as Karl Mayer said (DH quote, get ready): "The heart wants what it wants."

Lastly, some prom pictures:






xxx,

Lillebil

5 comments:

  1. Hur vågar du, har du fått kvarsittning!! Avdrag på veckopengen direkt. Haha
    Älskade du, du kan väl (om du flyttar till US) ha ett rum till mig så du kan ta hand om mig när jag blir gammal (äldre). Nej jag skojar bara, jag kan bara säga; jag visste det! Lillebil+USA=Sant
    Ps gissar att du inte kommer berätta... men ... vem är det?
    Många kramar ses snart over there. MoM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Äntligen ett blogginlägg! Och ett långt sådant med måånga fina bilder! Follow your dream girl, och jag vill precis som din mor vet vem the crush är, fast det behöver vi inte ta här ;) puss och ta hand om dig <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kul att du tittat på westernfilmer!

    U

    ReplyDelete